Week 6: Only One Week Left
Congrats on making it to week 6 of the Walk with Ease in the Worksite Program! We encourage you to finish strong and log your last week of walking minutes on the provided portal. We also encourage participants to use our other provided resources in order to get the most out of the Walk with Ease program.
Portal Platform Basics:
Complete this process each week to track your progress
Goals for the week:
Incorporate stretching & strengthening into your walking
Making a Plan for Your Future:
The Walk with Ease in the Worksite Program is designed to help you develop good physical activity habits that continue after the 6 weeks. It is a safe, doable, and effective program that you'll be able to keep up for a lifetime of better health. You can create an updated walking plan that can help you continue success after this week. Within the contract, you can include what you would like to accomplish, when you would like to accomplish it, and what will possible motivate you in doing so
Success & Barriers
The Ending Self-Point Test can be used to see your improvement from the week 1 Self-Point Test.
- This test can be directed to those who may or may not deal with Arthritis, but the Starting Point-Self Test specifically talks about Arthritis in terms of pain and fatigue
- The test above will help you consider how some common problems associated with arthritis can affect you
- The scoring instructions can help guide you to where you stand now compared to when you started the program.
- When you need to, review all of the chapters for suggestions concerning good exercise techniques and safety
- Discuss any questions you have with you health care practitioner
- Always remember to move at your own pace. Progress slowly and gradually
- Remember to use your Walking Plan and Walking Diary as tools to help you stay on track and gauge your progress
- Be sure to use the techniques for monitoring your exercise intensity and measuring your fitness level
- Do your best, challenge yourself if you can, but don't force yourself to keep up with anyone else
Follow us on social media for more health and wellness tips!